Dr. Lauren Duffee graduated from the College of the Holy Cross with a degree in Biology and Biochemistry. Dr. Duffee received her veterinary degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine. After spending a year in the San Francisco Bay Area for an equine-focused internship, Dr. Duffee returned to the University of Pennsylvania to complete a three-year residency in veterinary anesthesia and analgesia in small and large animals. She has also recently completed a veterinary acupuncture course with the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society.
Dr. Duffee is particularly interested in locoregional anesthesia and pain management in cats and dogs and strives to ensure the comfort of animals in the face of the current opioid restrictive climate. Additionally, she focuses on developing custom-tailored anesthetic plans for animals with heart or lung disease. Away from the hospital, Dr. Duffee enjoys gardening, cooking, and hiking with her husband and two corgis, Wilbur and Hobbes.
- East Meets West: An Integrative Approach to Veterinary Medicine, Woof Magazine, 2018. Read Article
- Determination of Minimum Alveolar Concentration (MAC) and cardiopulmonary effects of sevoflurane in sheep, Veterinary Anesthesia and Analgesia, 2018. Read Article
- MAC-sparing effect of transdermal fentanyl in sevoflurane- anaesthetized sheep, Acta Veterinaria, 2018. Read Article (PDF)
- Efficacy of an alveolar recruitment maneuver for improving gas exchange and pulmonary mechanics in anesthetized horses ventilated with oxygen or a helium-oxygen mixture, American Journal of Veterinary Medicine, 2018. Read Article
- MAC-sparing effect of nitrous oxide in sevoflurane anesthetized sheep and its reversal with systemic atipamezole administration, Plos One, 2018. Read Article
- Determination of Minimum Alveolar Concentration (MAC) and cardiorespiratory effects of desflurane in positive- pressure ventilated sheep, American Journal of Veterinary Research, 2018. Read Article
- A novel supra-temporal approach to retrobulbar anaesthesia in dogs: preliminary study in cadavers, Veterinary Journal, 2017. Read Article
- A Case of Post-operative Supraventricular Tachycardia after Pneumonectomy in a Dog, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 2017, Read Article
- Predictor Variables for and Complications Associated with Streptococcus Equi Subsp Equi Infection in Horses, Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 2015. Read Article